Skip to main content

Toddler Toy Selections for Christmas

The time is upon us where we find ourselves searching, researching, and deal hunting for the best things to invest our dollars in for Christmas. Like most families, we have to make sure we get the most for our dollars. While some of the choices on our wish list for Christmas are high dollar items some are not and those that are we are finding on sale and the quality of the items will allow for YEARS of playtime - not just a few months. We are also trying to avoid buying plastic toys as much as possible. So without further a due, here is our WORKING Christmas toy wish list for our little toddler.

A lot of the items we are looking at for our little guy can be found on Amazon heavily discounted and with FREE shipping! That's the easiest way to shop for us since we have to find a sitter and go out hunting (which is hard for daddy because he HATES shopping & crowds) plus you get to read all the reviews which I love!

It was requested that Santa deliver a Disney Pixar Cars Mack Hauler - we might work this out with Santa since it's a small plastic toy which I am sure will see HOURS of play time. He loves Cars so much! He had previously requested Santa deliver a Christmas tree :) after we got ours out and decorated I guess he figured he wouldn't waste his Santa wish on something we already had.

Then OUR list as mommy & daddy is quite a bit longer. We are looking to invest in a few great toys - an easel (we like the Ikea wooden easel) not only is it insanely affordable but it's wooden (a plus!) and will be played with for years to come. We are also hoping to invest in some more Plan Toys - I mean really, can you go wrong with green toys?! I love the quality of their toys and how well their toys allow children to use their imaginations. I can tell you this awesome Plan Toys Excavator is already on the way and we would love to also get this Plan Toys Firetruck. I can tell you that this Plan City Crane Set has already arrived and it's awesome! You don't think that's all do you? That kid LOVES his Plan City activity table so adding to it is easy for our decision making when it comes to toys. We would also love to add the Plan City Rescue Set. Since we don't already have enough blocks (insert sarcasm here) we wanted to add a set of Lincoln Logs to the chaos we call the play room. And last but certainly not least on our wish list is the Melissa & Doug Wooden Project Workbench - this would replace the plastic Home Depot tools and tool bench that after less than 6 mos has very few pieces remaining because they have all broken. :(

I am sure we will pick up a few more hot wheels and a few more Disney Pixar Cars (match box sized) to add to the crazy growing collection of cars we already have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transformer Rescue Bots Birthday Party

OK so this year I had birthday party #4 under control. We were going to splash and play at a local spray ground ( Creekside Playground & Sprayground ) so our theme would be "Splish Splash"...or so I thought. After months of planning and discussing with my soon to be 4yr old, he informed me that "Splish Splash" would not work. Are you kidding me!? Seriously - I only have like 4 weeks until B day and I have been working & researching this theme for months (thank you Pinterest )!  OK so what would you like the theme to be son? Mom, I want Rescue Bots at my birthday party. Hmm OK so I go off in search of Transformer Rescue Bots . HAHAHA jokes on me - there are NO such ready made decorations for Rescue Bots . *sigh* NOT AGAIN! Last year he wanted a theme that was not readily available for purchase in the stores (online orders only) and I vowed that I would never again allow this to happen. It stresses me out. But anyone that knows us knows that what the pri

DIY Transformer Rescue Bots Pinata

I am going to share my pinata making experience because I had never done this before and searched all over for references. OK birthday boy requests Transformer Rescue Bots party theme which is to include a pinata (Optimus Prime from Wal-Mart is apparently unacceptable). So I set out to make it. Shouldn't be so hard, right? Searched around the house for stuff to use and decided to use a Coca-Cola 12pack box. Why? Because we seem to always have 1 around. Cut it apart using the side structures and started to fold and tape a general logo. Once the general shape was done I taped a piece of heavy art paper to one side to bear the weight of the paper mache strips. Now time to get messy! I tore strips of newspaper and tossed them into a small container and mixed up some glue. I couldn't recall the goo recipe so I googled and found a super easy one. It was one part flour to 2 parts water; easy enough. My kiddo wanted to help once the mixing started (he likes to stir things). Then i

Transformer Rescue Bot Costume (DIY)

Well in keeping with our theme of the year (Transformer Rescue Bots) my kiddo chose a Halloween costume that wasn't available in stores. I was surprised to find that there were several options available for purchase with Rescue Bots just not the particular hero we were looking for. So for a couple of days weeks I thought about how I was going to put this costume together, make it warm (since it's typically coat wearing weather where we live), and keep it comfortable while allowing him easy access for potty breaks. These are all legitimate things to consider for small kiddo's. I finally decided to construct the whole costume from fleece and I used quilt batting on the interior. Let me apologize for the poor quality photos - I just snapped a few with my cell phone not anticipating a blog post. But after placing 2nd in a nationwide online costume contest I had second thoughts - and well I blogged. :) The body of "Chase" the Rescue Bot is constructed l